Saturday, September 29, 2012

Thieves to the Rescue!

Yes, you read it right: Thieves. I want to share with you about this potent and powerful essential oil blend that I have been using for years with wonderful success. Thieves, manufactured by an essential oil company called Young Living, is a mixture of cinnamon bark, lemon, clove, eucalyptus, and rosemary. And it has a very interesting history!


This oil is absolutely, hands-down my go-to for keeping me and my family healthy, especially in the coming cold and flu season. It is 100% natural (and I mean, really natural), and its germ-fighting power is unparalleled (please read the history of the oil and its uses above). Thieves is antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral and antiseptic. And because it works with and not against our body's own defense system, it kills these things without impacting our good bacteria, a precious part of our immune system (this is why traditional hand sanitizers and anti-bacterial soaps have come under fire recently--for breaking down our natural immunity by killing our good bacteria as well). Thieves is a choice weapon in my sickness-prevention arsenal. I diffuse the oil regularly in my home, and at the earliest signs of illness, I begin applying this oil to the feet and chest (of my baby too! diluted in a carrier oil) and continue several times a day for as long as needed. I also put a drop in the mouth or in a glass of water to target a virus or infection in the digestive or urinary tract. And it has marvelous affects. It has also been known to relieve my family's headaches. But Thieves doesn't stop at "essential oil": there is a household cleaner (which I use for everything, including baby toys), hand sanitizer, toothpaste and mouthwash, wipes (which I keep in my car), a small spray that fits into your tote, carry-on or diaper bag, and more. Thieves smells like Christmas, it is divine. I get compliments on the household cleaner from my housekeeper and on the spray and hand sanitizer from friends all of the time. And not only are these things non-toxic, they are actually GOOD for you! How many cleaning products can claim that? Bottom line, you don't necessarily have to turn to medications--and never to toxic products--to find effectiveness. There are truly natural means to help keep you and your family healthy.

A little more about essential oils for those interested: there are hundreds of pure oils and oil blends, and not all are created equal. When selecting a brand, opt for "therapeutic-grade" versus "cosmetic-grade," or lower. This guarantees pureness. And pureness is very important. No idea how to use essential oils? You can find plenty of information online, and I recommend an essential oil reference book for those of you wanting to begin using essential oils. I own a book called Gentle Babies, which is devoted to giving moms and expectant moms a guide for baby and mom oil use. I referenced it throughout my pregnancy, during my labor, and after labor for healing, health, and feelings of well-being (many oils work on a hormonal and emotional level as well). In terms of their application, you can ingest them, diffuse them, and put them on "neat" or dilute them in a carrier oil to rub on the body. Read more here. So are you intrigued? If you would like to try out Thieves or any of the other products that I use, recommend, and absolutely LOVE from Young Living, you can go to the Young Living Website and click on your country to browse the oils and oil-based products. If you are ready to give essential oils a shot, please don't get overwhelmed. There is A LOT to consider, and hundreds of oils and blends to learn about and try. My best advice: start small and take your time. First, maybe try Thieves oil and a Thieves product (the cleaner and hand-sanitizers are beginner favorites!). If and when you do sign up as a "Customer" (you will pay retail) or "Distributor" (you will pay wholesale but must order $50/month, which I do) please enter my member ID: 955069. Also, please leave a comment or email me at laurenQrodriguez@gmail.com if you need help or want to know more. As always, my motivation is to empower people to take charge of their health, and in the crunchy-chicest way they can! In this case, I want you to know and experience the power of Thieves and other essential oils, just as I have. Happy oiling!

4 comments:

  1. I love the blog, Lauren! Question - what kind of diffuser do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!! Young Living actually has a variety of diffusers. We have a regular Home Diffuser http://www.youngliving.com/oil-diffusers/Home-Diffuser-US (it shows the customer price, but I believe it's $80 or wholesale). AND we have the travel one too: http://www.youngliving.com/oil-diffusers/Travel. The Home Diffuser does a larger space, like a living room/kitchen area, and the travel one we use in Noƫlle's room mostly! We LOVE both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.youngliving.com/natural-cleaner/Thieves-Cleaner

    You add just a little bit to some water in a spray bottle. It is awesome stuff, smells like cinnamon, and is all-purpose!

    ReplyDelete

I love my readers and hope you will all feel welcomed to share valuable information. Please feel free to ask me a question via the comments section. Thank you for your thoughtful notes!