Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Quick, Hide!

I am excited to publicly herald my favorite concealer! It's from Origins, one of my preferred cosmetics and personal care companies. The concealer is called Quick, Hide! Long-wearing concealer.
While I use a different stick concealer for dark under-eye circles (which are a regular thing now thanks to my 8-month-old), this is my absolute go-to for blemish coverage. I LOVE how it works and I love it even more knowing Origins' commitment to purity, which includes 100% organic ingredients, no harsh chemicals (pthalates, mineral oil, parabens, etc.) and no animal testing. That's my kind of company!

As for the shade, I have more olive skin thanks to my father's Italian genetics, but it gets pretty light in the winter and I find that this concealer in "Light" actually works well for me all year round! I also, as a personal preference, tend to go for concealers that are a shade lighter than my skin as I fear the dark blotchy look with a concealer that is a shade too dark. And since I tend to wear blush or a little powder over the concealer, when I do have something to hide, the slightly lighter shade in the summer doesn't seem to be a problem.

Stay tuned for more posts on my favorites from Origins, Laura Mercier, Aveda, and Juice Beauty--companies that I have found to offer both manufacturing impeccability and product quality. I love our planet and its creatures AND I love my makeup, so this combo is non-negotiable for me. It's my mission to show you how easy it is to have both. But I am also constantly learning and experimenting, in fact I have just discovered that, although I bought it thinking otherwise, my favorite stick concealer for under-eye circles from FACE Stockholm has some questionable ingredients. Bummer when you find something you love, I know. But as I said: non-negotiable. So now I'm on the hunt for an awesome under-eye concealer (preferably a stick) that is all-natural and from a company that is cruelty-free. Please share if you have a favorite! And feel free to tell us about your preferred crunchy cosmetics too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love my readers and hope you will all feel welcomed to share valuable information. Please feel free to ask me a question via the comments section. Thank you for your thoughtful notes!